Monday, May 19, 2014

Letters To The Moon # 2

May 18, 2014
Dear Moon,

I was coming back after having an amazing weekend and all along the car ride, my eyes were searching for you. But in vain, I counted six stars but not a single moon. 

I am turning 19 and getting married in exactly three days.

That is huge. And I know it. 

I am nervous. But not over the top nervous. 

The one thing that scares me are the expectations people have of me and with me. And the assumptions everyone seems to make.

I do not care about what people think of me. But people I love, care about what others think. And my love for these people makes me care about people's expectations. Its like they have already decided that I am going to fall off the ladder. And instead of holding the ladder, everyone is just watching and waiting for me to fall.

But I will not fall. I am not that weak. And you know it. I mean, you are a rock yourself. 

I do not know what is going to happen. My life is going to change, that is a given. But one thing I am going to do is make sure that my foremost success is happiness. 

My happiness and the people I love and care about, their happiness.

The rest will follow. 

In time, I plan to accomplish everything I have dreamt of and planned for. 

But you know what, I am still a little scared. 

What do you think ? Do you think I will be able to do it all ? Do you think that life will give me a chance ? Or I will have to snatch it from life itself. Do you think that my optimism will be my doom ? Do you think that I will fall of the ladder ? 

I leave you with that question.

Adieu !

S
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment