Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Book Review: 1, If Tomorrow Comes, Sidney Sheldon

The story follows Tracy Whitney, who is a happy women about to get married. But her world is turned upside down on hearing about her mother committing suicide. She promises to avenge her mothers death but instead she lands in jail because of the thugs who forced her mother into bankruptcy. After getting out of jail, she goes on the hunt again. Se tries living an honest life but to no avail. So she becomes a charmingly beautiful thief. Her adventures take her all over Europe making her a Baroness to a Lady at times. On her journey, she meets a fellow con artist named Jeff Stevens who is no less then her. What happens when their world collides with each other ?

Published: 1985
Author: Sidney Sheldon
Genres: Crime Fiction, Thriller, Suspense Novel.

Goodreads review: If Tomorrow Comes

Middle East Shipping: If Tomorrow Come


First of all, I love Sidney Sheldon and this book is definitely my favourite. I can read it over and over again. And I re-read this book. This is one of those books that hooks you on from the first word and does not let go till the end. I loved how everybody underestimates her and she proves everyone wrong. She avenges her mothers death not by killing the people responsible. But by using her brain and defeating them in their own game. Joe Romano, Orsatti, public defender Perry Pope and Judge Lawrence are left with nothing.

I really like the way things are describe in the book. Her whole jail experience. Everyone thinks she is a felon when deep down she is just a normal girl with dreams. I love the way Sidney Sheldon practically gave me a tour of Europe in a book. He told everything from places to different types of food. I also liked the way Jeff and Tracy like each other but do not trust each other because of who they are. There are certain moment in the book when I literally died laughing. I kept guessing the story till the end and lets just say I was surprised.

I also liked how Sheldon has shown Tracy from Daniel Coopers point of view, who is a detective on her trail. Because at the end of the day she is a criminal. All in all, I loved the way Sheldon told a story of a normal girl turned thief and her colourful adventures taking us through the history and creating an air of suspense.

Quotes From The Book:

" I will survive, Tracy thought.I face mine enemies naked, and my courage is my shield. "
"We are flimflam artists. But remember, sonny, you can't con people unless they are greedy to begin with. W.C.Fields had it right. You can't cheat an honest man."
"She was going to make them pay....Tomorrow, she thought. If tomorrow comes." 
 ...SAP...

No comments:

Post a Comment