Thursday, April 18, 2013

Nip The Evil In The Bud

Gossipping. And talking about other people. And making fun of others. This started last year. Somehow in the past year, our talks became more about what other people were doing and less about what we were doing. We became so much interested in other people's lives. And we became invested in it. What they were doing? Why they were doing that ? And it kind of became an obligation to comment on various activities that people were involved in. It was like this girl said that to her friend who told another one of her friends and on and on. By the time the news reached certain people, I am sure it was not even true. But nobody cared to know the background. Because everybody had something to talk about.

I felt like I was 7 again and I was playing Chinese Whisper. But instead of being a game, it was real life. And real people were being talked about. And I know that I was one of those people being talked about. I also know that some of the things that went around were very true and were wrong. But nonetheless, I believe that I had no right to talk about those things. Gossipping is like Chicken Pox. It is a highly contagious disease which stings everybody in the end. And it spreads like fire. 

I have always hated gossipping. But even I started liking it. It was sick. Believe me, when you are the one being talked about, it is not fun. Not at all. And no matter how much you try, you cannot change the story. So when the new year started, one of the promises I made to myself was that I will not talk about others anymore. Or make fun of them. Trying is in my hands and I will try. I do not want to end up like one of those Aunties whose sole purpose is to keep track of every body's life and then pass the information on, mixing it with a lot of spices and exaggerating the story. 


For a little while I was a small mind as well. But not anymore. Not anymore. This is me "Nipping the evil in the bud". 

...SAP...



No comments:

Post a Comment