Monday, September 09, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show

When it comes to books made into movies and TV shows, I do not have a good experience. Ofcourse, they cannot capture every minute detail in a 2 hour movie. And the best example of this disaster is none other than Harry Potter. But like any other Bibliophile, I still have hope that someday all the movies will be made like I want. It will have the cast as I visione it and everything from the clothes to the props to locations will be of my choice. That has not happened yet but you never know. 

Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show (set in a perfect world...in which movies don't butcher the books we love.


1.Looking For Alaska by John Green:

The main reason I want to see this as a movie is because of all the awesome pranks they do. I love pranks and have done my share of them in middle school. I really want to see the last prank that they do in the book, being done in real life. I think that was the best part about this book. 

2. The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larson:

I watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo first and than read the book. I loved the movie, so I did contemplate whether to read the book or not. But ofcourse I read it. And I have to say, it is the first book that has been made into a perfect movie. There are literally no changes, not a single word or scene. So I really am looking forward to watching the rest of the movies as well. 

3. I am the messenger by Markus Zusak:

If the essence of this book is portrayed on screen, than this will be a perfect movie. It is different than your average romantic or comedy or action movies. 

4. Amar Bail by Umera Ahmad:

Being  a huge Umera Ahmad fan, I obviously want this to be turned into a television show. But I want it to be perfect with the dream cast who can actually create magic like Umera does in the book. And this is almost impossible. But I do hope that it happens.

5. The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke:

This book was in my brothers books. I just picked it up to read it at the dinner table but I have to say, I ended up falling in love. The story is so awesome. This book made me want to have a gang of my own and be a thief. And till today, I had no idea that it has a movie as well. I haven't watched it yet but I hope it is upto my expectations. 

6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen:

This is one book that is never made into a movie right. Something is amiss in the movie. And I hate that. Although I did sort of get the perfect version through the Lizzie Bennet Diaries which is almost perfect. But I do want a movie. 

7. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn:

I just heard that a movie is being made and Ben Afflick has been cast as Nick. I think he will do a good job. But I want the movie to be like the book. I want to decide between good and bad on every scene of the movie. This book has very strong and complicated characters and the movie will be nothing if the actors don't do a good job. 

My movie watching strategy is that I do not go for movies made on books. I watch the movie regardless of whether it is a book or not. But now I have to keep track, so I don't end up watching the movie before the book. And as far as movies are concerned, I am an action person. So my movies and books, thankfully, rarely cross paths. 

...SAP...

No comments:

Post a Comment