Sunday, September 08, 2013

Book Review: The Camel Club by David Baldacci


Goodreads Review:

Existing at the fringes of Washington D.C., the Club consists of four eccentric members. Led by a mysterious man know as "Oliver Stone," they study conspiracy theories, current events, and the machinations of government to discover the "truth" behind the country's actions. Their efforts bear little fruit --- until the group witnesses a shocking murder ... and become embroiled in an astounding, far reaching conspiracy. Now the Club must join forces with a Secret Service agent to confront one of the most chilling spectacles ever to take place on American soil --- an event that may trigger the ultimate war between two different worlds. And all that stands in the way of this apocalypse is five unexpected heroes.


Published: 2005

Author: David Baldacci
Genre: Fiction, Thriller, Suspense, 

Amazon:



My Review:


I love David Baldacci. So obviously, I loved this as well. I am in awe of him. And my respect has increased so much more for him. I have read a lot of books that have written about Islam and Pakistan in relation to terrorism. And somehow even in books, terrorism and Jihad gets related to Islam and its teachings. This was the FIRST book that I read which was so true. I felt like my feelings were spoken out loud. I could tell how much research has been done by the author and how much knowledge he holds. I have never read or met a person who knows as much about Islam as a Muslim. And being portrayed right in a book for the first time, I was exhilarated. Salute ! 


He has explained Islam first and then terrorism. Not only that he has actually written the truth about USA. We were searching for a debate topic last year when I came to know that US actually has a debt of 3 trillion. And very few people are aware of that. He has explained everything in such an amazing manner that you are shocked to learn the actual facts from the garbage that is portrayed on TV. 

I am a conspiracy thriller lover, so I loved it. The build up of suspense in it, all the action going and than everything falling into place, it was all worth a read. 

I do have a problem with one thing though. And that is Oliver Stones age. He is 62 which is old for me. I get that its not considered old in US but its old. I loved the mix and match up of all the different personalities from the rare books librarian to the computer genius. I would love to meet Caleb and see the Library of Congress. 

After reading this book, I got all nostalgic and now I want to meet Baldacci. I want to tell him how big a deal it is for me to see someone write the truth for something I believe in. Everyone has faults, America is no saint. Than why is it that third world countries get blamed for most of the things ? This book gives you an insider to what actually happens and the fact that half of the wars are inflicted by US itself. We need to see the good and bad in everyone. We only see good in people or bad in the other. 

This was one informative book which I thoroughly enjoyed and I look forward to reading the rest of Baldacci. 


...SAP...



No comments:

Post a Comment