Thursday, March 28, 2013

Friendship Came As A Girl

I ask myself, what this school gave me and my heart whispers, friends...friends...friends.
Friends are rain, which makes you happy and full of life.
Friends are the voice in your head which says tomorrow is going to be fun.
Friends are thumbs, your whole school life is of no use without them.
Friends are people who eat your lunch and you starve all day.
Friends are people who have seen you at the bottom of a giant pit and at the heights of Mount Everest.

Friendship came in unexpected ways, at unexpected times and touched the deepest corners of my heart.

FRIENDSHIP CAME AS A GIRL.

  • A girl who is 4'9. 
  • Someone who eats my lunch all the time and even ties my laces. 
  • her signature is her hair in her face.
  • the face I search for on entering the classroom.
  • a girl who agrees to disagree with me in every single matter.
  • someone who wouldn't think twice before giving me her dearest things, her books.
  • someone who knows me better than I know myself at times.
She and I polar opposite but at the same time we are as similar as two chocolate chip cookies. Two halves of a single soul. You are my significant other, my best friend, the sister I never had and never wanted.

When I look at you, I am reminded of my favourite book, I remember cherishing each and every word it had to say, that moment when I closed that book, tears streaming down my face, because just like that book, you will forever remain in my heart.

So friend, I would like you to know:

  • You are the engine to my Bugatti
  • You are the cherry to my pie
  • the smile I cannot replace
  • the chocolate to my sorrows
  • the coffee to my crappy mornings
  • Cheesecake to my good old Biryani
  • prologue to the book that I will write someday
  • punchbag to my anger
  • You are my flame in the dark
  • You are that one star on the night sky which says, I will be there if no one else is.
Friends are like pearls on a necklace, as each pearl has its individual radiance so does every single friend.

Friendship blossoms like dandelions in an orchard.

Friends light your days like the sun glowing on an afternoon sky.

I consider myself the richest girl alive, I may not own Jimmy Choo heels, Gucci handbags or hundreds of silk dresses but I have you all as my friends and that is all I can ever ask for.

Friends are my strength, my arms, my legs, my heart and my soul.

So lets hold our hands and make a promise, together as we step into the future that we'll do our best to be our best as we have been with each other.

                                                                               -By Muteeba Fayyaz and Sumaica Asad

P.S. This is what me and my friend wrote for our spoken word poetry. We would like to dedicate this to all the friends that we made in our lives and the ones we will make in the time to come. Special dedication to the four hooligans in our lives, Nadiya Siddique, Huma Nabeel, Ghina Haroon and Misbah Malik. Thank you ! Simply for being our friends. You guys are love. 

...SAP...




















No comments:

Post a Comment